Wright: West Ham must let Arnautovic go

first_imgAn unnamed Chinese club have made a reported £35m bid for West Ham forward Marko Arnautovic and Ian Wright believes the player must be allowed to leave.The Hammers issued a statement last week declaring the Austrian isn’t for sale, only for Arnautovic’s brother and agent to insist the player wants to move.Despite the transfer speculation, the 29-year-old striker started against Arsenal on Saturday as West Ham claimed a surprise 1-0 win. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? As he departed the match, though, Arnautovic was seen clapping to and thanking West Ham’s supporters on his way off of the field.While a key player for Manuel Pellegrini this season, Wright is adamant Arnautovic should be let go by the club before he causes any problems for them.”You could see the way he came off the pitch on Saturday, he’s gone, he wants to go and I would let him go because I think West Ham have got something going,” Wright told BBC Radio 5 live’s Monday Night Club.”You look at his pattern and it always seems to be a little bit abrasive when he’s leaving. When it’s to go, it’s just bang, out. Abrasive.”I think he’ll be a problem [if he stays] and I think that’s what’s happened at Stoke. I think he’s been a problem most of the places he’s been.”He wants to go – I’d let him go.”With wages of £200,000 a week reportedly on offer in China, former Premier League striker Chris Sutton was critical of Arnautovic’s desire to leave West Ham. “How much money does he actually need?,” Sutton said.”I rate him so highly as a player but it’s just greed isn’t it?” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

Maersk Line Cut Its Capacity on South America-Europe Trade

first_imgzoom Danish liner giant Maersk Line has cut its overall market capacity by 10 % on the trade between the east coast of South America and Europe and the Mediterranean amid weakening demand.The company said it has started phasing in smaller vessels of between 4,500 and 6,500 TEU capacity so as to level out the supply and demand changes on the market.The adjustment of capacity and reefer plugs was initiated as of the 5th of January 2015, with the aim of matching more accurately market demands, the company went on to say.The said changes are not expected to affect the company’s services already in place on the route.“We have over a longer period of time seen declining market demand on the popular trade between the east coast of South America and Europe and the Mediterranean. This weakening demand has led to substantial open capacity and resulted in a need to adjust our network to match the changing market forces,” Maersk Line said.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more