Man posts video before suicide attempt cops swing into action to stop

first_imgKolkata: Kolkata Police swung into action on Monday to save a man life after he posted a video on Facebook to declare that he would be committing suicide.According to police, around 10 pm on Monday, the Cyber Crime Cell of Kolkata Police received an e-mail informing about a man who had uploaded a video on Facebook declaring he would commit suicide. Police personnel immediately checked the profile of the man and also viewed the video. The man had shot the video while standing on a flyover, which the officers couldn’t identify. Raja Saha, sub-inspector of Cyber Crime Cell tracked the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the Facebook user and within a few minutes, he managed to trace two mobile numbers. Police couldn’t contact the user of the first number as the phone was switched off. However, on dialing the second number a woman received the call. She said the man, who had uploaded the video, worked as her driver. Cops managed to get his address from her. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe information was passed on to the officers of Kasba police station as the man lived in Picnic Garden area and his picture was also provided to the officers. Roni Adhikary , sub-inspector of Kasba police station, rushed to the address but they couldn’t find the man. However, Adhikary was able to persuade his mother to keep him busy over the phone till the police reached him. Meanwhile, Prabal Biswas, another sub-inspector of Kasba police station, managed to trace the man’s location which was around Bondel Gate flyover. He ran to flyover area where the man was busy talking to his mother on his phone. Around 10:30 pm, Biswas spotted the man near the railway track in Bondel Gate area. He was immediately surrounded by police officers so that he was not able to jump on the track or escape from the spot. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayThe man was taken to the Kasba police station after Biswas spoke to him about one hour to know what instigated him to take the extreme step. Later, he was sent home. After interacting with his family members, police came to know that the man is suffering from depression due to family matters. Police officials urged his family members to go for periodical counselling to improve his mental health. A General Diary Entry has been made in this regard at the Kasba police station.last_img read more