Jerk Machine RestaurantMost of the businesses in the area (commonly referred to as Jamaica Hill) are operated by Jamaicans, including Dane “Desi” Malcolm of Jerk Machine restaurant.His family have run the popular eatery since 1989. They have experienced other powerhouse hurricanes like Andrew in 1992 and Wilma 12 years ago.“We’re boarded up, everything is taken care of regarding gas. We’ve made sure everything is locked down tight to make sure the storm doesn’t take us out,” he said.Malcolm told Caribbean National Weekly that he and his team will make a decision “on Saturday or Sunday” when to close. By Howard CampbellIt was business as usual at the expansive Lauderhill Mall, in Lauderhill. Broward County, on Thursday, September 7. Sunny conditions belied the ominous advance of Hurricane Irma.Many proprietors tended to customers while keeping an eye in the latest forecasts about the Category 5 monster. Tropi-Taste RestaurantAt neighboring Tropi-Taste, Suzette Gordon was also in wait-and-see mode. The establishment has been around since 1989 and caters to vegetarians.“Right now, we’re just playing it by ear before we make any decision when to close,” she said. Joy’s Roti DelightOver at Joy’s Roti Delight, another Lauderhill landmark, matriarch of the Trinidad-owned family business, Shirley Sawh, was planning to uphold a tradition started by her husband Joy who died in 2014.“If things go really bad and people are without food we’ll help. Every year when there’s a hurricane we try and help out,” she told CNW. Like Malcolm and Gordon, Sahw and her sons Pradeep and Dave tune in to the regular forecasts. Their current location opened in late 2016 but Joy’s has been a fixture the mall since 1992.Dane Malcolm witnessed the devastation of Hurricane Andrew. Wilma, he said, was not as destructive. However, he’s not prepared to tangle with Irma which caused extensive damage to Barbuda and parts of the US Virgin Islands. “We have to take this seriously, very seriously.”
A Jamaican group in Canada is demanding an official apology from a Canadian politician after she reportedly claimed legalizing ganja in Nova Scotia will make the province unproductive like Jamaica.The members of the Jamaican Cultural Association of Nova Scotia say they want the official apology on the floor of the province’s Legislature from Elizabeth Smith-McCrossin, a member of the Progressive Conservative Association of Nova Scotia who represents the electoral district of Cumberland North.Claims low productivityDuring a debate on Nova Scotia’s new Cannabis Control Act last month, Smith-McCrossin told Province House that her friend from Jamaica warned her that there is “very low productivity” in the island country due to smoking marijuana.“I think we already have a productivity problem here in Nova Scotia,” Smith-McCrossin said on the floor of the Nova Scotia House of Assembly. “We do not need something else making it worse.”The comments drew harsh condemnation and the Progressive Conservative leadership candidate quickly offered extended apologies, stating she “needs to do better.”Caused distress But advocates from JCANS said Smith-McCrossin’s comments caused a lot of distress to Nova Scotia’s Caribbean community.The group recently met with Smith-McCrossin and she once again apologized but JCANS is demanding a formal apology to be given on the floor of the Legislature, as well as diversity training for the Linden, Nova Scotia-born politician and her colleagues. Seeks commitment The group is also asking for a commitment that she will actively support programs for the Jamaican community in Nova Scotia and to help spread awareness of the contributions made by Caribbean people to the province’s social and economic development.“JCANS hopes this event can educate many about Jamaican history and culture and await a response from Smith-McCrossin by the middle of May as agreed to at the meeting,” the non-profit said in a statement. Comments misrepresentedMeanwhile, Donna Gogan, who operates Flutterbye Jamaican Caribbean Cuisine, the Amherst, N.S., business woman who Smith-McCrossin, referred to, has said her comments were misrepresented.Gogan told CBC News that she is a proud Jamaican and Smith-McCrossin’s comments “are completely inaccurate.”“I sincerely apologize to my fellow Jamaican citizens for the negative impact of Elizabeth’s misrepresentation of my comments on our land and the beautiful, hardworking Jamaica people,” she said in a statement, adding that her comments to Smith-McCrossin were that, based on what she’s seen, people who smoke cannabis seem to be less productive, but she also knows people who use cannabis and the use is not apparent. In a statement provided by her leadership team, Smith-McCrossin said she has apologized to Gogan and she is doing it again in public.“She is a good person who never asked to be in the spotlight until I mistakenly put her there last week. Donna and her family are very dear to me,” the statement added. (NewsAmericaNow.com)
28-year-old Costa claimed Conte sent him a text message last June, indicating his services are no longer required at Chelsea.However, Chelsea are very close to announcing the signing of Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata for a reported fee of £60m, a signing Conte referred to as “good”.“We have added a fantastic striker, even at a young age he has won a lot already and we are looking forward to welcoming him to the squad,” “I think for sure this is a good signing for us. He is a young player, but has a lot of experience, he went to Juventus and Real Madrid. He has a lot of experience and I think this is a good sign for us.” Conte concluded.RelatedDiego Costa’s Behaviour Is “Disgraceful” – England LegendAugust 15, 2017In “England”VIDEO: Watch Antonio Conte Wildly Laugh Off Diego Costa’s ClaimsAugust 18, 2017In “England”Diego Costa Vows He Will Not Return To Chelsea, Wants Atletico MoveAugust 17, 2017In “England” LONDON, ENGLAND – APRIL 05: Antonio Conte manager / head coach of Chelsea and Diego Costa of Chelsea after the Premier League match between Chelsea and Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on April 5, 2017 in London, England. (Photo by Catherine Ivill – AMA/Getty Images)Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte has noted that Diego Costa’s future at Stamford Bridge was “clear” since last January.Costa, who did not travel with Chelsea for their pre-season tour of Asia, fell out with the Italian manager during last season over the state of his fitness but was later recalled to the team.Addressing reporters in Beijing, Conte said: “I don’t like to talk about players that don’t stay here, but the only thing I can tell you, in January, the Costa situation was very clear, for the club, for him and his agent,”“For me the situation is closed.”
Share StumbleUpon Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020 Kambi takes control of Churchill Downs BetAmerica sportsbook August 28, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share Kambi and DraftKings agree on final closure terms July 24, 2020 Updating the market, Nordic Nasdaq-listed European sports betting platform and software supplier Kambi Group Plc (Kambi) has informed that has passed the ‘World Lottery Association Security Control Standard’ certification, underlining its position as the secure choice for both public and private operators.The‘WLA-SCS certification is granted following a comprehensive audit by WLA officials of Kambi security services and client provisions and procedures. The certification is a significant step in Kambi’s ongoing mission to offer operators the secure choice in the provision of sports betting services.Commenting on the update, Kambi CEO Kristian Nylén commented: “Kambi is well-known across the industry for its commitment to the highest levels of compliance and security, and we are pleased to be able to build upon our reputation with this certification.“Meeting this standard puts Kambi in a strong position to pursue public procurement opportunities in the future, and highlights us as the secure choice for lottery operators looking to add a sports betting component.”Updating investors, Kambi will continue to strengthen its services and provisons to licensed lottery operators. Last year the firm announced it had signed a MoU with NOVOMATIC Lottery Solutions, with the mission to provide a powerful, full-service gaming solution to government regulated lotteries.
EU research agency demands urgent action on loot box consumer safeguards July 29, 2020 Share Submit Share Belgium’s Parliament is set to open discussions on potentially pursuing a blanket ban on all forms of gambling-related advertising during live sports broadcasts, which would be implemented across all media verticals.The discussion has been put forward by Christian Democrat CDV MP Koen Geens, who has detailed that Belgium’s Government has failed to ensure the appropriate safeguards against betting operators targeting minors and the vulnerable.Geens seeks to implement a new five-point plan to tackle the increased exposure in betting advertising. Measures include;A ban on all gambling-related advertising during sports broadcastsA Belgium 8 pm watershed on advertising of gambling-related servicesSetting restrictions on a number of TV advertisements served by individual betting operators.Inclusion of gambling helpline numbers and information to be attached to all gambling-related advertisingSteeper fines and penalties for betting operators and media owners that breach the new code of standardsThe Christian Democrat Party has issued an industry stakeholder tender, detailing its planned actions and further stating that it seeks input on marketing and advertising standards from concerned parties.Belgians news sources report that Geens industry mandate is well supported, following reports that a number of Belgium digital media owners had continued to promote ‘blacklisted operator’ services.Belgian media owners have criticised the Belgium Gambling Commission for not providing ‘clarity’ on advertising standards, stating that terms remain vague with regards to digital marketing practices. Belgian Pro League live betting streaming deal for Stats Perform August 21, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Belgium BAGO adopts EGBA code of conduct on advertising May 18, 2020
Martin Lycka – Regulatory high temperatures cancel industry’s ‘silly season’ August 11, 2020 GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile August 25, 2020 FTSE-listed online gambling group GVC Holdings has announced the launch of ‘The Clubhouse’, the firm’s proprietary live casino studio which will be integrated throughout GVC portfolio of gaming/betting sites.Detailing its new product launch, GVC has spent six months developing its Clubhouse live gaming studio proposition which will feature dozens of live blackjack and roulette tables.The Clubhouse has been brought to market in collaboration with My Agency a London creative consultancy and industry live gaming specialist Evolution Gaming.The studio has been specifically designed to accommodate GVC’s multi-brand offer and will provide live table games to sites including bwin, partypoker, partycasino and selected B2B partners. To ensure the very best service to players, its dedicated team of game presenters, dealers and croupiers have been trained by the Group’s Live Product Team who have decades of experience in the land-based casino industry.Commenting on the launch, GVC’s Head of Live, Oliver Bartlett said: “We created The Clubhouse to address the challenge of catering for multiple brands from a single private studio. The addition of the windows allow us to take our studio anywhere in the world, something brand new in the industry. This is the first of a number of new innovations we have in the pipeline, maintaining our position as a market leader in Live Casino.”Liron Snir, GVC’s Chief Product Officer added:“We have spent much of the last year improving the breadth and depth of our casino product suite, adding hundreds of new games to our line-up. While this has been happening, we have also been focused on bringing a similar level of improvement to our live offer. With The Clubhouse, we have done just that and we now have a service that is at the cutting edge of the industry.” Share Related Articles Share GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 Submit StumbleUpon
SBC Charity Boxing Championship packs a punch for Oliver’s Wish Foundation January 20, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Share SBC’s Year In Review: September’s big betting news December 27, 2019 Gauselmann Group acquires majority stake in Bede Gaming March 12, 2020 Submit Related Articles Supplier of software to the online gaming industry, Bede Gaming has agreed a partnership with fraud prevention and authentication specialists iovation. The agreement will give Bede the ability to offer its clients access to iovation services to ensure the highest possible levels of security via a proven suite of device based services.Michael Brady, CEO of Bede Gaming, said: “Bede has used iovation’s market-leading services for some time, and it provides an important component of our fraud prevention and security strategy. It was a logical step to enter a formal partnership to extend this provision to our own clients.”Duane Burcham, Senior Sales & Business Development at iovation, added: “The gaming industry is subject to some of the most sophisticated fraud techniques in the world, so it is vital that operators stay one step ahead by utilising the very latest tools to ensure a safe and secure environment for their players.“We have been impressed with Bede’s commitment to security and look forward to working closely together to ensure the industry’s high security requirements are consistently met.”The news follows on from Bede Gaming’s announcement that it will enter the South African online gambling market after agreeing a new partnership with casino and leisure operator Sun International, as part of the partnership, Bede will become the lead technology platform supplier for Sun International’s online gambling subsidiary Sunbet brand (sunbet.co.za).
Related Articles Propus Partners LLP, the premier betting and gaming operational consultancy, has announced Marc Thomas has joined the firm as a partner. Thomas has over 20 years of experience in the gambling sector, and has worked within the online gambling sphere since the year 2000. His specialities lie in all areas of product development and general management including sports betting, casino and poker, as well as specific expertise in mobile gambling and gaming. He started his career at William Hill and spent over 13 years there within a number of divisions and roles. Thomas said: “I’m really excited to be joining Propus and looking forward to working with Mark [Israney] again. “The gambling market, as always, is a hugely innovative and exciting space and think the company is in prime position to provide advice and services to existing operators, new entrants to the market and the supplier community.”Mark Israney, founding partner of Propus, added: “Marc brings a huge level of expertise to the partnership. His wealth of experience in product management and marketing among others, will expand the professional services that Propus can offer to new and existing clients.” Propus Partners was launched in August 2017 as an operational consultancy in the worldwide gambling industry. Key services includes support for new businesses, supply chain analysis and sportsbook marketing. Submit StumbleUpon Share William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 Share Gamesys tops list for GambleAware Q1 donations July 10, 2020
Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season August 21, 2020 Share Premier League looks to broadcast every behind-closed-door fixture August 28, 2020 Related Articles Submit StumbleUpon Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 Share Stoke’s surprise choice of Paul Lambert as manager has prompted supporter bafflement, widespread online ridicule, and one bookmaker to pay out on their relegation.Within an hour of the announcement that Lambert was the Potters chosen saviour, Paddy Power paid out on all bets tipping the club currently sitting third from bottom to be relegated.A Spokesman Paddy Power said: “After a bit of hokey-Stokey filling the manager’s job, Stoke have plumped for Paul Lambert, which has surprised everyone.“But I guess he does at least have Championship experience – which could come in handy next season.”The shock hire had odds of 100/1 before the weekend, with Lambert out of work after stints in the second tier with Blackburn Rovers and Wolves.Potters fans could take hope from Paddy’s decision though, as Paddy Power infamously paid out on Stoke being relegated after the first day of the 2008/09 season, only for Tony Pulis to steer them to 12th in the table.The bookmaker also paid out on Manchester City winning the title earlier in the season, however after Paddy Paid out on them, City went to Old Trafford and earned an important victory, although it looks less likely Stoke will replicate that success tonight.Stoke are currently rated at 21/10 to be relegated this summer – and 10/1 to finish rock bottom. The Potters will be hoping to improve on poor performances against Coventry City and Newcastle United, when they face the daunting task of challenging Manchester United at Old Trafford this evening.Lambert’s first game as Stoke City manager will be on Saturday in a huge relegation six-pointer against David Wagner’s Huddersfield at the Bet365 Stadium.
VBET agrees Armenian Premier League and Armenian Cup sponsorship August 13, 2020 FeedConstruct scores data partnership with Ukrainian FA June 26, 2020 Submit Share StumbleUpon Related Articles Share New Polish poker table in BetGames section for STS July 15, 2020 Tommy Berden – PSAGambling technology and systems provider BetConstruct has announced the first partnership for its new sports data-feed solution ‘FeedConstruct’, integrating the video content of the Professional Squash Association – PSA.Updating the market, BetConstruct has agreed to deliver PSA Tour and PSA World Challenger Tour live video content across its new ‘FeedConstruct – Friendship Platform’ on a client pay-to-view basis.The PSA and its syndicated tournaments is set to gain from heightened coverage, being able to promote its 200 annual events and +1000 professional players to BetConstruct partners.“We are pleased to establish a partnership with FeedConstruct and are looking forward to working with them over the coming months,” said PSA Chief Commercial Officer Tommy Berden.“FeedConstruct have extensive experience in providing live video content to the gaming industry and we believe that squash – with its unpredictable nature and supremely talented athletes – will be a perfect fit for their platform.”Samvel Nersisyan – FeedConstructThe FeedConstruct Friendship platform is a major product release for BetConstruct development in 2018, with the technology group seeking to broaden its technical capacities for wider industry stakeholders (sports’ clubs, organisation and media owners).“We designed Friendship platform to be a global marketplace of unique sport and gaming videos. We happily welcome PSA on our platform with their video content of exciting and thrilling squash,” added Head of FeedConstruct, Samvel Nersisyan.